No Creed but Christ; no book but The Bible, no name but the devinely given.
Where The Bible speaks, We speak. Where The Bible is silent, We are silent.
1. The Bible is the perfect and inerrant Word of God. (2 Timothy 3:16)
2. Jesus is The Christ, The Son of the Living God and He is eternal and part of the God-head.
(Colossians 1:15-20; John 1:1-3, 18)
3. Our relationship with God is based upon His invitation and our willing response to follow His will.
(John 3:16; Acts 10:34-35; Romans 1:16; 3:22; 10:12-13)
4. God's will is that all people be reconciled to Him through Jesus Christ.
5. Our worship of God is to be done in accordance with the Apostles' doctrine as revealed in scripture.
(Acts 2:42; Hebrews 10:19-25; Romans 6:17-18; 1 Timothy 4:6,16)
6. Souls are saved by obeying the gospel of Jesus Christ.
(The Death, Burial, & Resurrection - D.B.R. - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4) (Romans 1:16)
One obey the gospel when they:
1. Believe in Jesus as God's Son. (John 3:16; Matthew 16:16, 17)
2. Repent of their sin. (Acts 2:38; 17:30-31)
3. Confess Jesus as Lord. (Romans 10:9)
4. Are baptized (immersed) into Christ for the remission of sins.
(Acts 2:38; 22:16; Mark 16:16) At which point they recieve the indwelling of The Holy Spirit.
(Acts 2:38; Ephesians 1:13-14)
Once you enter into salvation, you are committed to carry out God's purposes, which are summarized as follows:
Live your life in accordance with God's will.
(Be like Christ - 1 John 1:7; 2:6; 1 Peter 1:13-16) As it is revealed in the scriptures.
Share the gospel of Christ with those outside of Christ.
(Luke 24:46-47; Ephesians 3:4-12; Colossians 1:24-28)
It is important to know that the Christian life is a process that we enter.
We do not clean ourselves up and then come to God - We SUBMIT to God.
And then allow Him to work with us as we are transformed by the renewing of our minds.
Like all things, this takes time and commitment.
Submit to God and have patience as He works with you and through you.